Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarship
The Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarship provides Chinese students with a passion for promoting sustainable trade between Israel and China with full participation on the Israel-Asia Leaders Fellowship, scholarship t the Sofaer IMBA Program at Tel Aviv University (last semester at HKUST), living stipend and travel costs in Israel, and employment at the co-sponsor company after the program.
About Hinrich Foundation
Merle A. Hinrich established the Hinrich Foundation with the mission of promoting sustainable global trade. The foundation advances its objective by supporting trade scholarships and career development, offering export trade assistance, and fostering international trade research.
As Founder, Chief Executive Officer and now Executive Chairman of trade media company Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL), Mr. Hinrich has dedicated his life and the activities of the company to advancing sustainable global trade. In particular, Global Sources has provided trade marketing services to tens of thousands of producers from across Asia and Greater China over the last 45 years, through its trade media, online services and trade shows.
The Hinrich Foundation believes sustainable global trade promotes peace between nations.
The Hinrich Foundation has four key ambitions:
- Encourage both the private sector and governments to drive innovation and competitiveness.
- Sponsor the education and skill development of individuals who wish to participate in international trade.
- Provide the education and skill development of individuals who wish to participate in international trade.
- Encourage the education and skill development of individuals who wish to participate in international trade.
To achieve these goals, the Foundation engages in the three interrelated programs:
- Trade scholarships & careers – It sponsors educational opportunities for individuals who show a commitment to participating in or promoting innovative and competitive global trade.
- Export trade assistance – It offers practical trade services to promote and coach small to medium producers in developing Asia on how to participate in global trade.International trade research
- International trade research – It initiates research, elicits opinions and disseminates information about global trade in order to encourage informed debate and balanced policy making in support of open and transparent global trade.